Who we are
Sound Hub Denmark is the world’s first international sound technology innovation environment. A world-class sound and acoustics growth hub and powerhouse for startups, SME’s and corporates. We offer business acceleration in a sound professional coworking and community environment with access to excellent sound, craft and test facilities and highly specialized skills from industry-leaders and knowledge institutions.
The Sound Hub Denmark concept is co-founded by Bang & Olufsen, Harman Lifestyle, Aalborg University, Danish Sound Network (now Danish Sound Cluster) and Struer Municipality. GN Audio (Jabra), Scan-Speak and Dynaudio have since joined the partnership group together with several other trusted partners.
We believe in networking and collaboration, knowledge sharing and on building and evaluating concepts and products to establish a solid foundation for the innovative sound business of tomorrow. All rooted in the Danish sound innovation and tradition for design thinking. We are committed to assist you.
Join and become a part of the Danish stronghold for sound innovation and emerging talent.
To become a globally recognised powerhouse for innovation and growth with sound, that makes a difference for users, business and society.
To attract and support talent, foster incubation and drive innovation with sound for a better world and society by connecting and working with entrepreneurs, companies, professionals, researchers, users, society and investors globally.
Sound Hub Denmark A/S is established by Færchfonden and Vald. Birn Holding A/S.
You find us in Struer only approx. 1 hour’s drive from three different airports.
Sound Hub Denmark is situated in walking distance from the town centre and a few hundred metres from beautiful nature and the Limfjord. Read more about our location here.
- Cooperating with Sound Hub as our valued partner is a remarkable opportunity to foster the exchange of ideas and observations within our industry. We are thrilled that Bettermaker can participate in this highly valuable project, where Sound Hub serves as the accelerator, propelling growth, and innovation.
- Three years ago (2019), when I got the opportunity to continue my work on pianini in Struer, I didn’t have any doubt: Denmark, a country of technological and educational excellence, would be the best place to push our project forward. Now that pianini is played by kids in different parts of the world, I am certain that I made the right choice. Heartfelt thanks to Sound Hub and the City of Struer for making all of this possible. I really look forward to continuing our cooperation in the future
- To us, Sound Hub Denmark is the place to meet and work with new and upcoming talents in a sound innovation environment dedicated to this. We are located in the same region of Denmark, and we believe we can contribute with our knowledge and experience, so new start-ups get through the initial stages quicker and more efficiently to reach their objectives. In addition to this, we also hope to find some of our future customers here
- We believe our commiment to Sound Hub Denmark will lead to highly relevant research projects and other entrepreneurial activities. The importance of having a national hub for sound, audio, signal processing and other related areas cannot be emphasized enough. We believe this will provide a solid foundation for our study programs and attract new students
- In Denmark, we have internationally recognised brands from loudspeakers to hearing aids, from microphones to amplifiers, from transducers to measuring systems, from underwater acoustics to recording and live sound, and from audiology to health and welfare